There are times when we need a break from Instagram. We have all been there. Generally, there are no issues when you remember your username or password. The problem arises when you want to recover your Instagram account without email or phone number. However, it isn’t a problem and there is a way to solve your problem.
Instagram has over 1 billion active monthly users with over 500 million users actively using it daily as of 2021 and the numbers keep on increasing as Instagram launches new features for its users to try out. There are instances when users lose access to their Instagram account. Therefore, if you want to get back on the gram again pay close attention to this blog.
It is a known fact that accessing Instagram without an email or phone number is a difficult job. Moreover, resetting your Instagram password will also be a tedious process. The task becomes even more difficult when you need to contact Instagram support as they are hard to reach out to.
However, this blog will walk you through a step by step process towards the recovery of your Instagram account with and without any access to your email or phone number.
How to Recover Instagram Account Without Phone Number
Firstly, if you do not have access to your Instagram account but have access to your Facebook account. You may try the following methods: –
- Install the Instagram app and launch it.
- Click on the help for sign-in options. You will be provided with a few options at this point to recover your Instagram account without a phone number.
- Select the login with Facebook. You will be directed to your Facebook interface. You will have to enter your username and password.
- Tap on the “OK” button to log into your Instagram account.
How to Recover Instagram Account Without Email Address
This option is appropriate for people who have access to their phone number but not their email id. You may try the following methods to access your Instagram account.
- Install the Instagram app and launch it.
- Click on the help for sign-in option. At this point, you will be provided with a lot of choices. Choose the recovery option as the phone number. This will allow a code to be sent to your registered mobile number.
- Once you receive the code enter it when verification is asked.
- Once the verification is completed you will be asked to create a new password for your account.
- After you save your password, you can once again access your Instagram account.
How to Recover Instagram Account Without Phone Number and Email ID
Instagram generally allows its users to access their accounts from either their registered email address or their phone number. This may pose as a problem if your phone gets stolen, lost, or hacked. Instagram has a solution for these kinds of problems as well. The following process is a step by step process to recover your Instagram account without an email or phone number.
Method 1: Look through the “get more help option
- Launch the Instagram app and once the app opens tap on the forgotten password option located on the right side of your screen.
- Tap on the “add account” option and then log in once the page opens up.
- Once the log in page opens up tap on the “forgotten password?” option located under the password field.
- Once the “trouble with logging in“ page open you can do three things. Either you can enter your username, or your email address or your phone number. Since you don’t have access to your phone or your email you will have to choose the username option instead.
- Enter your Instagram username on the username field bar.
- Please keep in mind that you will have to look for your new username if your previous account gets hacked. You can look for your hacked account by checking your followers list or by checking the likes on your previous posts.
- Tap on the “need more help” option. Make sure to type your username before tapping on the “need more help option”. In case you do not do so, you will be redirected to the Instagram Help Center.
Method 2: Request support from Instagram
- After you have followed the above-mentioned steps correctly you will be directed to the “Help Us Recover Your Account” page.
- On this page you will see the email address that is linked to your Instagram account.
- If the email address matches your email address you can tap on “send security code” to send a security code to your email. However, if it isn’t that you won’t be able to send the security code to your email. Therefore, Tap on “I can’t access this email or phone number’ which is located at the bottom of the page.
- You will then be redirected to the “Request Support” form. This will allow you to contact Instagram support.