Who is Online on Instagram: Instagram is one of those few social media applications that has managed to take over the world by a storm (literally!) With billions of users and millions of turnout per day, Instagram has managed to sway so many people so soon. We are all privy to various quirky features of Instagram that allow us to engage in a fun way of sharing and exchanging pictures on this social media platform.
Another interesting feature, that Instagram added to itself was the ‘Last seen feature’. Just like what’s app, Instagram also allows the user to check in their list of direct messages if someone has read their statement or not. Apart from that, the users can even check the last time the user was online and hence gain an insight into their online activity. Let us try to understand this feature in a bit more detail.
How to see who is online on Instagram
There are three most important criteria that you need to meet before you can see who is online on Instagram
- You should have an updated Instagram account.
- You need to be followed by the person whose account you wish to see for being online or not
Here’s how you can:
- Go to the Instagram application.
- Swipe your screen to the left. You will be able to see who all are online (the ones you have had a chat with in the past. You will be able to see a green dot next to their name, telling you about their online status)
- In some versions, you can even see the green dot next to the name of the person at the top of your Instagram’s home page telling you about their online status.
How to Check Last Active Status of Instagram User
This is pretty easy. All you have to do is
- Go to your Instagram account.
- Click on the arrow sign on the top right corner of the screen to go to your chat box.
- Next to each chat thread to you can see how long ago was the person online. This time stamp is updated every few minutes.
Some people might find this very useful as it allows them to gain an insight into the activity timeline of their friends. But some might thi k that this feature of Instagram is an intrusion in itself. But don’t worry, we will guide you about
How to hide your Active Now status on Instagram
- Open the Instagram app.
- In the lower right-hand corner of the screen click on your profile icon.
- When your profile opens up, click on the three vertical lines which are there on the top right corner of your screen.
- Click on settings
- After that go to ‘Privacy’.
- From the list of options, select ‘Activity Status’.
- Turn off the ‘Show activity status’ box.
Just like Whatsapp, if you turn off your Activity status on Instagram, you won’t be able to see the activity status of other people on Instagram too. But if you wish to hide it only from a few people, then I guess the best option would be for you to block them. That way, they won’t be able to see your profile information or your activity status on Instagram.
When can you not see someone’s last active status?
There might be a wide variety of reasons due to which you might not be able to see the last active status of someone on Instagram.
We will tell you what those reasons could be
- If that person is not following you then, there is no possible way for you to see the ‘last active status’ of that person.
- If that user has turned off their Activity status on Instagram, then to you cannot see the last active status of that person.
- If that person has blocked you or you have not had a conversation with them on Instagram or if the person doesn’t follow you then you cannot see their last active status on Instagram.
In this day and age of social media, it is very important to control the extent to which our personal information is dissipated and shared with people. The option to conceal or reveal one’s last active status on Instagram is a great way to control the kind of intrusion/information that one wants to permit in their account.