Find RTO Vehicle Registration Details by Number Plate: Recently road transport ministry of India has officially launched a new platform that allows people to get vehicle owner details instantly such as vehicle owner name, address, registration date, mobile number and much more.
This method is seamlessly simple, easy and free – you only need an active internet connection and web browser.
There is so many reasons that you want to know the owner of the vehicle – you might notice something illegal, annoying or witness of the hit-and-run case certainly you need to remember the vehicle registration number, that helps to know the vehicle registration details to inform the authorities.
Find RTO Vehicle Owner Details
Also if you are planning to buy a used a bike, car or any other transport vehicle, it is very important to know the previous registration details to avoid scam behind it.
There are three different ways to find owner details using vehicle registration number are given below.
- RTO Vehicle Owner Details – Android App
- Vahan Government Official Website
- Vahan SMS Service
Method 1: Find Vehicle Owner Details Through App
RTO vehicle owner details is an android app that helps to find the details of any type of indian vehicle such as motorcycle, car, autos, trucks, etc. This app provides information such as owner name, mobile number, address, registration number, registration date, fuel type, class, mode, RC status, and emission norms.
Here is a step by step guide for finding the vehicle owner details.
- Download and install the official RTO Vehicle Owner Details app on your android device.
- Open the app and click on the search button as shown in below image.
- It will ask you to enter the vehicle registration number to track vehicle owner details.
- Tap on the search button and you will see detailed information in the next screen.
Method 2: Vahan Government Official Website
- Log on to official VAHAN website from your smartphone or pc.
- At menus bar, you can find different options, select Know Your Vehicle Details to begin the process.
- Enter the vehicle number for which you wish to check the ownership details.
- Next, you also need to type the verification code as shown in image and tap on the search button.
Method 3: Vahan SMS Service
The Vahan SMS Service allows you to get vehicle details by sending sms from your mobile number. Keep in mind that sms service is not available for free you need to pay Rs.1 for getting all information.
- Open the messaging app on your Android or iPhone device and create a new message.
- Type sms in below format and send it to the 07738299899.
- That’s it within few seconds you will receive sms from VAHAN with detailed information.
RTO Vehicle information is only available for selected states such as Assam, Goa, Himachal Pradesh, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Mizoram, Punjab, Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh, Chandigarh, Diu, Puducherry, Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Kerala, Nagaland, Tripura, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, Ladakh, Bihar, Jammu and Kashmir, Manipur, Rajasthan, West Bengal, Delhi, Arunachal Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Haryana, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Meghalaya, Odisha, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Daman, Lakshadweep.