With billions of active accounts, Facebook has become one of the leading social networking sites where people can communicate with others, share entertaining content, and create a perfect profile. When signing up for Facebook, the user is supposed to verify their accounts through either an email address or a phone number.
But there are times when you feel frustrated with all the incoming emails from Facebook. Not everyone wants to know whose birthday it is or who’s posted new photos.
One thing you can do to stop receiving emails from Facebook is by removing your email from Facebook.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to remove the email address from Facebook permanently.
How to Remove Email Address from Facebook
- Open Facebook and log in to your account.
- Tap the three horizontal bars displayed on the top right corner of your profile.
- Scroll down and tap on the Settings & Privacy tab.
- Next, select the Settings option.
- Find and tap on the Personal and Account Information inside the Account section.
- After that click on the Contact Info option to manage your phone number and emails.
- In order to remove your current email address, first you need to add a new email address and set it as the primary email. Simply tap on the Add Email Address.
- Type any email address and tap on the Add Email button.
- You will receive a confirmation email at your new email address.
- Open the email from Facebook and tap on the Confirm button.
- After verification, open the Manage Contact Info page.
- Tap on the newly added email address and select the Make Primary option.
- Now close the Facebook app, again open the Manage Contact Info page and tap on the email address you want to remove.
- Next, select the Remove option and again tap on the Remove Email button.
- That’s it, the email address was successfully removed from your Facebook account.
It’s important to note that Facebook does not allow users to delete their email without changing it. You might have to change your email before deleting the primary email from Facebook.