Mails constitute an important part of our life. Though most of our communications are not exchanged only via mail today, as it was earlier, thanks to the evolution of technology, our formal communications still take place through the mails. Physical mails have almost been replaced by emails today with some exceptions. Emails are a fast, efficient, and easy way to read important messages and reply to them. Gmail is synonymous with emails so much so that many often mistake the word “email” for Gmail. Though there are many other email service providers, Gmail, being a pioneering email service of Google, is the most trusted of all of them.
Besides, with Gmail or a Google mail account, we also get a handful of other apps as part of its suites like Google docs, Good Spreadsheets, Google Drive, Google Meet, Google My Business, Slides, and more. With all these handy tools that we have access to, day in and day out, work at the office as well as work from home becomes a breeze.
Therefore, our worries know no end if one fine day our Google accounts do not work properly or worse still if we fail to login into our accounts. Recovering a Gmail account is easier still with a working account where you can choose to send an OTP to log in, but what is with a situation when you don’t have a phone handy with you?
If you are in such a situation then don’t worry because we are here with the best hacks that you can use while you are trying to recover your Gmail account even if you don’t have a valid phone number with you at the present moment.
How to Recover Gmail Account Without Phone Number
The password recovery issue is one of the most common issues related to a mailing account for today’s generation. With a whole range of accounts and their passwords that each one of us should have to maintain each day, it is not really surprising that we occasionally forget some of them. Many often find their accounts deactivated at times if they have not logged in to their accounts for more than a period of 30 days. Therefore, it is always recommended for users to check their accounts from time to time.
Gmail is fortified with many layers of security to keep their accounts secure and out of risks. Therefore, you will get a bunch of instructions to recover your account smoothly. For example, you can recover it via phone number, alternative email account, and security questions. Furthermore, if you are wondering “how to recover your Gmail account without a phone number?” then that is also possible. Here we bring you some easy methods to follow.
So, let’s dive into them now:
- First of all, you need to get on to the Gmail website, and then you need to proceed with the Account Recovery page of Google.
- Now, here you should enter the name or the phone number associated with the account and then click on the next option. In this case, go for the name of the account.
- Next, you will be asked to enter your password but if you do not know the password, then try clicking on the option that says forgot password, which appears right beneath the field dedicated to the password.
- Here, you need to enter the last password you can remember, and then click on the Next option. Now if that is not possible, then you have to click continuously to try different questions until you stumble upon something that you can answer, and then click on Next.
- In the next step, you would be asked for a valid phone number or another alternative email address where you can confirm a code. Here you need to choose an option that fits your preference and then continue.
- You will now get a verification code. Next, you need to go ahead and open the relevant email or text message from Google.
- After you enter the Google verification code in the field, then you will get an option to create a new password.
- You now need to create the new password and then reenter the same to confirm followed by a click on the Change Password tab.
Note – While you are trying to make a new password then you should make sure that your password should be strong and appear as alphanumeric characters along with a special character.
After you are done following all of the steps mentioned above, you can rejoice at recovering your Google account successfully. You can now continue using your Gmail account with the recent password you have updated. However, don’t forget to write it down on a piece of paper or keep it secure digitally, so that you can revisit the space and check out the password in the hour of need.
How to Recover Google Account on Android?
If you are using an android phone, then you will get Google apps by default, boxed in a section where you will find all the apps from Google. Android is an OS now owned by Google, so it is completely natural. Therefore, Gmail, Google Maps, Google Photos, Google Playstore, and Google Drive are some of the popular apps you will find under Google apps. These can be used without any additional expenses.
Also, it is important to mention here that along with all these features, Google also helps all the android users with different methods to recover their lost accounts. Besides, you also have the option to verify your identity right at the time when you go on to create your email account. This can be done by entering the proper details that you need to fill up.
Here are some easy steps you can go through in order to recover your account without any hassles:
- First, you need to go to https://accounts.google.com/signin/v2/recoveryidentifier, and then choose the “I don’t know my password” option by clicking on it.
- Now, you need to enter your complete Gmail id and then click on the Continue button.
- Here, if you have your registered mobile number beside you, then you can get a code on it and comfortably reset your account password, or else you can click on another option that says “Verify your Identity”.
- Next, you need to answer the security questions that you have set when you created your account.
- In case you don’t remember the security questions, then go for the option that appears as Try another way and then answer all the questions as far as you can recollect them.
- After you have already verified the details, you will get your Google account recovered successfully.
However, if you still get the issue once again, then it’s better to contact Google support via their customer support number or through email from any other email account that you can use. You will get an immediate response from them and can sort out your issues without any problems.
Google Account Recovery Page Verify Identity
If you are willing to use this service of Google for recovering your account, then you first must know of this service. For this, first, you need to have a Gmail account. Then you need to go to this specific page to verify your identity. After reaching there you simply need to confirm your identity that will help Google recognize you and retrieve your Google account in case you forget the email id, password, or other relevant login credentials.
While recovering your Google account without a phone number you would also get another option that mentions recovering a Google account with the help of an alternative email address. Recovering without an alternate email id might also be another challenge when it comes to Gmail accounts. But here we will ease it up:
How to recover a Google account without an alternate email?
Having more than one email address is a common thing today. Therefore, you can easily use your alternate email address to recover your Gmail account. It is thus wise to keep your alternate email updated with your Google account. However, if you haven’t got any alternate email addresses, then no need to worry about it because you can also use another method to recover your Gmail account. However, in case you are not aware of the same, we are here to help you with it.
Here are some steps you can follow to get on with your Gmail account once again just like before:
- To start with, you need to go to the website of Google to manage your account.
- Then you will be prompted to enter your username and password. In case you cannot remember your password, then you need to rather click on the option that says ‘Forgot the password” and appears right at the button of the password blank, where you have to enter your password.
- In the next step, you need to select the phone number option to confirm a text code. This phone number should match the number that you have saved with Google while you were creating your account for the first time.
- Then, you will be receiving a verification code on that specific phone number that you provided earlier.
- Now, you need to enter the verification code in the given field.
- After that, you will get an option you can use to create a new password.
- Then you can enter the new password according to your liking and proceed with confirming the same.
- Here, you need to make sure that your password is strong and in an alphanumeric form along with a special character in it.
- This step will complete your Gmail account password recovery process after which you can refresh the page and continue using your Gmail address with the new password that you have saved now.