Social media is a clear reflection of the lives we live. Ever since social media emerged in the form of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and WhatsApp, we started devoting more of our time to build our identity in those platforms.
Founded as late as 2009, Whatsapp became an instant favorite in less than a couple of years. By August 2014, WhatsApp grew widely around the globe with over 600-million users worldwide and that was when Facebook acquired this app. This new-age platform was developed as an alternative to the usual SMS (short message service) modeled on a similar approach that is integrated with the mobile numbers of the individuals but which worked via the internet.
Whatsapp is surely one of the most popular apps used around the world with a wide range of features that are easy to use and efficient. Whatsapp is used not only for sending text messages but transferring contacts, photos, videos, location, voice notes, documents, and even money has become easier than ever with this app. This is why our WhatsApp account or the data stored in it matters to us. But what if we have deleted our WhatsApp accounts? Can we recover our account then?
Well, don’t worry because with the advancement of technology now we can restore our data even if we happen to delete our WhatsApp accounts. We will show you how to do it in this blog but first let’s check out how our WhatsApp account can be deleted.
Reasons Behind WhatsApp Account Deletion
If you are wondering about how your WhatsApp account can be deleted, then here we bring you the most prominent reasons behind the deletion of a WhatsApp account. Let’s have a look at them down below:
- Updating of the software
- Apps getting corrupted.
- Malicious virus or malware infection that forces us to delete the account.
- Factory reset of the device.
No matter how you delete your WhatsApp account, whether it is accidentally deleted or removed due to system-related issues, your files will be lost nonetheless. What’s shocking is most of us don’t even bother to update our messages resulting in the loss. When we finally realize how important our data is and opt for an update, it is always too late.
Now it’s up to you that you want to delete your WhatsApp account permanently or it gets deleted accidentally, loss happens and here the major problem is that users don’t even bother to make a backup of all important chat messages.
Can I restore WhatsApp Messages After Deleting Account?
Now you are probably thinking that after you have already deleted your WhatsApp account whether you can restore it. And we are delighted to inform you that you can of course do it!
There is a possibility now to get back all your lost-deleted data, including messages that have gone missing from WhatsApp. To do this, you need to opt for the automatic backup option that you will get in the settings of your WhatsApp account. This option will help you backup every single data of your WhatsApp account to help you restore the same later on.
The WhatsApp users might already be aware that it creates a backup automatically at 4 am and this will be stored on the SD card of the device. Now, if you are planning to reinstall the app, then you will get the option that will ask you to restore the message history. You just need to click on the ‘Restore’ option to get back everything you lost.
How to Recover Deleted Whatsapp Account
If you want to recover your messages fearing that you have to part with everything after you delete your account, then you have to note that you have to pay heed to the backup process. TO start with, you can create a backup of your messages, videos, photos, documents, audio files, etc., in Google Drive. If you opt for this option then it will be easy for you to transfer or restore the data as long you use the account.
Now, are you wondering about how you can backup your account in Google drive? Then, first, you need to create a Google Drive account to run the backup process in case you don’t have it previously. Then you just need to follow these simple steps:
- Launch WhatsApp.
- Then you need to tap on the Menu button.
- Next, you need to tap on settings options.
- Then, tap on the option that says chats and chat backups.
- Once you get here, you can now see the last backup. This will let you see the time when you last backed up your WhatsApp data.
- Now, the users who already have an account, they can simply go ahead and tap on the Account tab and select the existing account. However, in case you don’t have an account, then you have to click on the Add account option and then follow the processes as instructed.
- Once you are done with creating an account, you need to click on “Backup to Google Drive” and set the backup time.
- Don’t forget to select ‘Backup over’ WiFi. This will not put any pressure on your account or your phone’s internet.
How to Backup and Restore Using Google Drive?
Now that you have already learned how to back up, let’s learn how to restore your WhatsApp data using the Google Drive option. Let’s dive into the process now:
- To start with it you first need to uninstall WhatsApp.
- Now, you need to reinstall it again and go through these instructions properly.
- After you have completed the installation process, open WhatsApp on your device.
- Now, you have to enter the details and verify your mobile number. Once you have done this you can now see if the phone number and Google drive made any backup.
- If it is yes, then you will get a prompt here to restore it from the backups.
- If any backup is available on the provided number, then WhatsApp will automatically give you the option of “Restore backup” to back it up successfully.