Google Photos has gained an immense level of popularity over the past few years. The best part about Google Photos is that it is based on a cloud service that allows people to save as many pictures as they want without having to worry about running out of space. It is undoubtedly the most convenient way of storing and backing your photos and videos safely.
In today’s modern age, it is quite normal for people to click thousands of high-quality pictures and take amazing videos every time they go out on vacations or have special occasions.
The only problem is that there is limited space available on the phone. As a result, storing these pictures and videos on the phone’s internal storage might not be possible, especially if you already have thousands of pictures saved.
Most people upload their photos and videos on Google Photos to free up space in their phones. Later, you could view these photos on your laptop, computer, mobile, and any other device.
Also, you must create a backup of your photos on Google Photos so that you can view them if they get accidentally deleted from the phone storage or SD card.
But sometimes, we delete certain photos from Google Photos without creating any backup.
The question is, “is it possible to recover deleted photos from Google Photos?”
Don’t worry anymore!
Here you can find a complete guide on how to recover permanently deleted photos from Google Photos.
How to Recover Permanently Deleted Photos from Google Photos
1. Recover Google Photos from Trash (Android & iOS)
The best part about Google Photos is that it keeps all the deleted photos and videos in the trash folder for the next 60 days following the date you deleted them.
So, if it hasn’t been 60+ days since you deleted the images, check the trash of Google Photos to recover the deleted photos.
Here’s how you can:
- Open the Google Photos app on your Android device.
- Tap on Library at the bottom and select “Trash” or “Bin”.
- Hold and select the photos you want to recover. Tap on Restore to save it on Google Photos.
2. Recover Google Photos from Trash (Computer)
The deleted Google photos will also be restored from your computer. You could send them to your phone through email or other photo-sharing apps. If you have deleted Google photos from your computer, here’s how you can recover them.
- Open Google Photos on your computer or laptop.
- Login to your account and navigate to the “Bin”.
- Select the photos you want to recover and click “Restore”.
- That’s it, it will be saved to Google Photos.
This will bring the photos back to your album. As mentioned earlier, this trick works for the photos that have been deleted within the past 60 days. After that, it will be permanently removed from Google Photos and cannot be retrieved. You are going to have to use the photo recovery software to retrieve them.
3. Google Photos Recovery App
There are plenty of photo recovery apps available on the Google Play Store and App Store. You can download and install the photo recovery app on your phone and follow the instructions to retrieve the deleted photos and videos on your phone.
The best part about the photo recovery apps is that they help you get the original photos without losing the quality. Not only the photos, but it also helps you retrieve the deleted videos and other media content. The photo recovery software makes the best options in the following cases:
- When you don’t have a backup of the photos or videos.
- The deleted photos are removed permanently from the trash folder of Google Photos.
- You have deleted photos from all devices.
- There is no external card, pen drive, and other hardware tools where you have stored the photos.
4. Contact Google Photos Support
When nothing works, your last resort is to contact the Google Support team. They will help you recover lost and stolen photos in no time. Here’s how you can contact the support team:
- Visit support.google.com/drive/.
- Select “Contact Us” located right at bottom of the screen.
- You will be redirected to a screen where you can find a contact form.
- Leave your message in full detail. The support team gets back to you within 24 hours.
Recovering the old photos that you had deleted months ago or the recent photos that got accidentally deleted from your phone is quite simple. The Google Photos app is your one-stop platform to recover just about any type of photo.