One of the most popular photo-sharing apps, Google Photos has gained an immense level of popularity over the past few years. There is no denying that it is the most convenient way of storing your photos and videos safely. The best part about Google Photos is that it is based on a cloud service that allows people to save as many pictures as they want without having to worry about running out of space.
In today’s modern age, it is quite normal for people to click thousands of pictures every time they go out on vacations or have special occasions. The only problem is that there is limited space available on your phone.
So, storing these pictures on your phone might not be possible, especially if you already have thousands of pictures saved. You could view these photos on your laptop, computer, mobile, and any other device.
You must always create a backup of your photos on Google Photos so that you could view your pictures if they get deleted from the SD card accidentally.
Sometimes, we delete certain pictures from our mobile without creating any backup file for the same or directly delete them from the Google Photos backup.
The question is how do you recover deleted photos from Google Photos? Don’t worry anymore! Here you can find a complete guide on how to recover deleted photos from Google Photos.
Sound’s good? Let’s get started.
How to Recover Deleted Photos from Google Photos?
1. Recover Photos from Trash Folder
The best part about Google Photos is that it keeps all the deleted photos in the trash folder for the next 60 days following the date you deleted the pictures.
So, if it hasn’t been 60+ days since you deleted the images, check the trash of Google Photos to retrieve the deleted photos.
Here’s how you can:
- Open the Google Photos app.
- Tap on Library at the bottom.
- Select “Trash” or “Bin”.
- Hold the photos you would like to recover.
- Tap on Restore to save it on Google Photos.
The deleted files will also be restored on your computers. You could send them to your mobile through email or other photo-sharing apps. If you have deleted the photos from your computer, here’s how you can recover them using Google Photos.
- Open Google Photos on your pc.
- Navigate to the “Bin”.
- Select the photos you would like to recover.
- Click on the “Restore” button.
- Photos saved back to Google Photos.
This will bring the photos back to your album. As mentioned earlier, this trick works for the photos that have been deleted within the past 60 days. The photo that’s been permanently removed from the Google Photos cannot be retrieved. You are going to have to use the photo recovery software to retrieve them.
2. Google Photos Recovery Software
There are plenty of photo recovery software apps available on Google PlayStore and AppStore. You can download the recovery tool on your phone and follow the instructions to retrieve the deleted photos and videos on your phone. The software is easy and safe to use. The best part about the software apps is that they help you get the original photos without losing the quality of the pictures. Not only the photos, but photo recovery software can help you retrieve the videos and other media content. The photo recovery software makes the best options in the following cases:
- When you don’t have the backup of the photos
- The deleted photos are removed permanently from the trash folder of Google Photos
- You have deleted photos from all devices
- There is no external card, pen drive, and other hardware tools where you have stored the photos
3. Connect with the Google Support Department
When nothing works, your last resort is to contact the Google Support team. They will help you recover the lost and stolen photos in no time. Here’s how you can contact the support team:
- Visit support.google.com/drive/
- Select “Contact Us” located right on top of the screen
- You will be redirected to a screen where you could find the three options to contact the Google Support department
- Select any suitable method and leave your message in detail.
Recovering the old photos that you had deleted months ago or the recent photos that got accidentally deleted from your phone is quite simple. The Google Photos app is your one-stop platform to recover just about any type of photo.