How many times have you deleted the call log from your Android phone? You might not have a clear record for answering that, but it’s not this question that needs an answer. Deleting call history is normal and we all do that on our Android phones to reduce visual clutter or to save space. However, there might arise situations when you need to retrieve the deleted call logs on your Android device.
Imagine this; you have received an important phone call and you need to call back, but you have accidentally deleted the call log from your Android call history and now you are not being able to make that important call. Situations like this are not purely imaginative and many people have to face this scenario at least once in their life. However, you can easily avoid falling into these types of inconvenient and troubling situations if you know how to recover deleted call history on Android, and that is exactly what we are going to discuss here.
Is it Possible to Recover Deleted Call History?
If you have backed up your call history then you can always get it back from the backup. However, if you haven’t, then you might need to use specialized Android Data Recovery Software.
Whenever a log is deleted from a phone, the Android software marks that space as free space which is available for new data storage. When you use your phone after deleting something, new logs or files can use that space and it gets overwritten with the new data. Hence, it is recommended that you stop using your Android phone or add any new data to it to avoid the space getting overwritten. Instead, you should use a Data Recovery Software for Android devices to get back your call log history.
Now, let’s get into how to use software to recover deleted call history from your Android device.
How to Recover Deleted Call History on Android
One of the best software to use to get back deleted call history on AN Android Device is Dr. Fone. This is a great data recovery tool that allows users to retrieve call history on any version of Android and works well for all major Android phones and models such as Samsung, LG, Sony, Google Nexus, and many more.
You can also use this software to retrieve more than just call history. Other data such as photos, text messages, videos, contact details, WhatsApp chat data, etc.
The best part is that this software is free and thus you’ll have to spend nothing to retrieve call history on your Android device.
This powerful Android data recovery software can retrieve deleted call logs from internal phone memory, SIM card, and even an external SD card. Thus, it’s one of the best tools available to recover lost or deleted data on your Android device.
Now, let’s find out how to use this tool.
Steps to Retrieve Lost or Deleted Call Logs from Android:
Let’s see how you can use the Dr. Fone Android data recovery tool to retrieve deleted call logs from your Android phone.
- First, launch the Dr. Fone software on your computer and choose Data Recovery from the options shown.
- Now, make sure to enable USB debugging on your Android device and then connect the device to your computer using a USB cable.
- When your phone gets connected, the Dr. Fone software will show the types of files or data it supports. Every type of data that the software supports will be checked by default and you’ll just need to choose the data type you want to recover. For recovering call history, just check the box beside Call History.
- If your device is rooted, the software will show two options: Scan for deleted files and Scan for all files. You can choose Scan for all files for a more comprehensive and thorough check, but remember it will take longer.
- Now, click on the Next button at the bottom of the software window to let the recovery program examine and scan your phone for lost data. This entire process will take some time, so you can sit back or do any work needed and let the software run.
- After the scan completes, you will be able to preview the recovered data one by one. Check the items you need and then click on Recover to save them on your computer.