Instagram is a really cool application. As a result of so many amazing features, Instagram has managed to woo a large chunk of people to get on this application and share their pictures and stories with their family and friends.
But the thing with social media is that one really needs to be careful with the people they share their personal data with as it is very easy to misuse someone’s data for malicious purposes. Of course, social media applications are aware of this possibility and hence they come up with novel ways to safeguard and protect the data of their customers in the most prudent ways possible.
Now, it must have happened to so many of you when you must have added someone on your Instagram but later realized that adding that person wasn’t probably in your best interest.
Don’t worry, if you find yourself in this situation then we are here to guide you through it.
First of all, let us understand the reasons behind feeling the need to make someone unfollow you on Instagram. Let us explore certain factors for the same :
1) It is quite possible that you have. a public account. The reason for the same could be any. You might be in the profession that involves public dealing or you might be in a business that enables you to put up stuff for public consumption or maybe you are a writer, artist etc. The most common problem faced by people with public accounts is that they tend to attract a lot of stalkers. They could be stalked by anonymous accounts or actual accounts but such stalled accounts can turn into a big nuisance.
2) There is also a possibility that you might have a private account but you must have accidentally allowed someone to follow you and now you might be regretting it.
In any case, we are here to tell you about how to make someone unfollow you on Instagram.
You can remove them from your list:
This is the most obvious solution to your problem would be to manually remove them from your list.
They are two ways in which you can do it.
- Open your profile.
- Go to your followers.
- In the list that opens up, go to the person you wish to remove.
- On the right side of their name, click on ‘remove’.
That person will be removed from the list of your followers and they won’t be able to see your stories or updates again.
Another possible way of doing the same would be to
- Go to the person’s profile.
- After doing that, click on the three dots on the top right corner of the screen.
- A drop-down list will open and from that list select ‘remove’
That person will be removed from the list of people who follow you and consequently they won’t be able to see anything pertaining to your posts or stories.