Change Mobile Number in IRCTC: The IRCTC is popularly known as Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Limited that manages and controls online railway ticket booking, tourism, and catering. Apart from professionalizing catering service it also provides services like hotel reservation, tour package and food delivery to your train seat.
IRCTC will ask you to enter the mobile number when you register for a new account. By mistake, if you entered a wrong mobile number then you can’t receive e-ticket details and OTP on your original mobile number.
Due to recent update in Indian Railway website, there are so many existing users facing issue in change or update personal details in account. However, it allows changing mobile number once a month from 10 AM to 7 PM. Other than this timing, you are not allowed to update the IRCTC profile.
Note: In case if you are International/NRI users and want to update number with ISD code other than 91, then you have to pay fee of Rs.100 + GST after successful updation.
Also, keep in mind mobile number can be linked with an only single account at a time. If it is already linked with other accounts then first you need to remove them.
Change Mobile Number In IRCTC
Here is a step by step guide for changing mobile number IRCTC online.
- Log on to the official website of IRCTC with your username and password.
- After successful login, you will be automatically redirected to the dashboard.
- Click on the My Account option available at the top right corner of the screen
- Go to My Profile and select the Update Profile option to change your registered mobile number.
- Here you can see mobile number linked with your account and Edit button.
- Simply tap on the Edit button and type new mobile number with country code.
- To complete mobile number updation process, you need to verify a new number with OTP (One Time Password). That’s it, once the verification process complete you will receive a message like your number has been verified.
Frequently Asked Questions
Log on to your IRCTC account and go to My Account > My Profile and select the update profile section to change/update registered mobile number in IRCTC.
Your request to change mobile number will proceed instantly.
Sorry, you can’t update profile through IRCTC profile mobile app.
Go to your profile section available inside my account option.