This iStaunch teaches you how to fix google photos not backing up issue on android & ios. Google Photos one of the best and highly secured free cloud storage service developed by Google and officially announced in May 2015. It gives free cloud storage to upload unlimited photos up to 16 megapixels and videos up to 1080p resolution.
Basically, google photos automatically back up your photos and videos across multiple devices. It is a combined cloud-based service has automatic AI organization feature for images and smart search tool. You can also share images and albums with your friends and they can also comment on shared items.
The main purpose of the Google Photos app is backup everything your camera take both photos and videos. But sometimes app not able to back up photos and videos due to some issue. There are so many reasons google photos not backing up photos and videos but here you can find the complete guide on fix this issue. So let’s get started without wasting time.
Fix Google Photos not Backing Up
As we know google offers 15GB of free storage for all google account. Before you follow below methods make sure that you have enough storage space available in your account. Also, make sure the upload size is selected to the High Quality (free unlimited storage) option so you can upload unlimited photos.
Related Article: How to Apply for PAN Card Online Through NSDL Website 2019
But if it’s selected to the Original option then the amount of storage taken by photos and video is count against 15 GB free data. After your 15 GB is full you google photos can’t able to back up your items. There is an also option available to buy more storage.
Method 1: Sync Google Account
Most of the user-facing this issue because of google account is not connected with photos. So first you need to check if your account is signed and synced with your smartphone or not. Simply follow below steps to check whether your google account is connected or not.
- Open the settings app from the home screen of your android smartphone.
- Inside settings scroll down and go to the Accounts and tap on the Google option.
- Here you can see the list of email id is currently logged into your device. Tap on the email id you wish to backup and sync google photos.
- Now click on the three dots at the top right corner of the screen and click on sync now button to refresh the settings.
- In case if this method doesn’t work for you then you can move to the next method to fix this issue.
Method 2: Disable Backup to Reset Session
To fix this issue instantly first you need to turn off back up to reset the backup session. You can simply follow the below steps to turn off backup.
- First, launch the Google Photos app on your smartphone and tap on the three line bar icon available at the top right corner of the screen.
- Here you can list different options. You need to tap on the Settings option.
- Tap on the Backup & Sync option and simply disable it by toggle off the switch.
- Now restart your device and again enable the backup and sync option to fix the issue.
Method 3: Sign Out of Google Photos
If none of the above methods is working for you then the last solution is logging out from the Google Photos app and again login to your account. Most of the time by doing this will solve the issues. You need to follow below steps to do so:
- First, open the Google Photos app on your android device and tap on the three line bar icon available at the top right corner of the screen.
- Select the small down arrow icon at next to your email and select the use without an account option.
- Now restart your phone and login to your account again.
You can also allow google photos to use mobile data instead of wifi to resolve the issue. If you are using android the go to backup and sync option. Here enable the photos and videos option under cellular data backup.
Conclusion: In this guide, we’ve shown you a complete guide on how to fix google photos not backing up issue on android & ios 2019. If you have any questions regarding this article then feel free to leave a comment below.