Delete PhonePe Account Permanently: PhonePe, the Flipkart owned UPI (Unified Payments Interface) based payments app from e-commerce giant Flipkart, headquartered in Bangalore, India. This payment interface and digital wallet founded by Sameer Nigam (CEO), Rahul Chari (CTO) and Burzin Engineer (CRO) in December 2015.
PhonePe is the digital payment system that allows you to send and receive money directly from your linked bank account. As PhonePe based on UPI, the only thing you need is to have UPI based bank account and create a UPI ID. Your account details will be automatically retrieved from the bank registered mobile number over a secured network.
There are more than 40+ indian banks are live on the UPI platform such as State Bank of India, Axis Bank, ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, etc. In case if your bank is not live on UPI platform, you can’t be allowed to add your account to the PhonePe app.
The best part of PhonePe app is you don’t need to load funds into your wallet to mobile recharge or bill payment because money will be directly debited from your linked bank account in a safe and secure manner.
PhonePe provides a list of great features and services but sometimes you don’t like the service they provide or there are certain issues due to which you may want to delete or deactivate PhonePe account permanently.
There are so many reasons to delete PhonePe account permanently such as you switched to another number, not happy with customer service or you have created another PhonePe account.
In PhonePe Android and iPhone application there is no option to delete your account. To deactivate account you must need to contact the customer care support team.
There are two different ways to delete phonepe account are given below.
- PhonePe Android & iPhone App
- India’s Payments App Official Website
How To Delete PhonePe Account
Here is a step by step guide for deleting the PhonePe account permanently in Android and iPhone device.
- Log on to your PhonePe account from Android or iPhone device.
- From the app dashboard, tap on Question icon available at the top right corner of the screen.
- You will be redirected to the help screen, select the My Account, KYC & App issues option.
- Next, go to the Account related issues > Deleting my account and select the Not happy with the service.
- Here you can find the Contact Us button at the bottom of the screen, simply tap on it.
- Type message that you want to delete PhonePe account permanently and click on the send message to raise a support ticket. Customer care support team will contact you within 2-3 working days to confirm your request and PhonePe account will be deactivated.
Method 2: India’s Payments App Official Website
- Log on to the official website of PhonePe India’s Payments App official website.
- Scroll down to the end and tap on Contact Us button.
- There is different ways to contact support team such as call and email.
- Select your preferred method to contact the support team and type message as shown in method 1.
- That’s it, your request will be proceeded within next 24 hours.
Conclusion: So there was the complete guide to close PhonePe account permanently. As shown in the above guide there is no direct option for deleting the account, you must need to contact the PhonePe team and wait for their response.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you had a bad experience with phonepe then you can delete your phonepe account permanently by contacting customer care support team.
Transaction history is cannot be cleared or delete by the owner of the account. Once the transaction is complete or failed it will be automatically displayed in the transaction history page.
Want to reactivate your account? You need to contact the customer support team.
Sorry, you cannot transfer money from phonepe wallet to bank account directly.
You are unable to stop or cancel the pending transaction until it is complete.