The Indian Passport is a valuable and very important document for individuals who want to travel different countries for travel, education, medical attendance, family visit, and business purposes.
Passport is issued by the Ministry of External Affairs through Central Passport Organization, Passport Seva Kendras and network of 37 passport office across the country.
Currently, there are two different types of passports issued by the Ministry of External Affairs such as Official / Diplomatic passport and Ordinary passport. If you want to travel to foreign countries for official duty then apply for official / diplomatic one and if you want to travel for holidays or business then select ordinary.
How to Apply for Indian Passport
There are two different ways to apply for a passport in india such as online and offline. You can easily apply for indian passport through the mPassport Seva android application and Passport Seva official website. You simply need to follow below step by step process.
- Go to the official website of Passport Seva and register on the passport seva online portal by a tap on the new user registration option.
- If you already have an account then login to your account using registered email id and password.
- After login tap on the apply for fresh passport option and fill the application form online or offline.
- Now schedule your appointment at your nearest passport seva Kendra or regional passport office by click on the pay and schedule appointment option inside submitted applications section.
- Complete the payment and you will receive application reference number to your email id and registered mobile number.
- Now visit the passport seva Kendra on the date of selected appointment date along with original documents such as aadhar card, pan card, school leaving certificate and copy of your application.
- After your application successfully proceeds you will receive acknowledgment number and you need to appear for the police verification.
- Once the police verification complete you will receive a passport to your registered address with 13 to 15 days.
Final Words: Now you can easily apply for indian passport online after reading this guide. If you like this guide then don’t forget to share with your friends on social media.