This iStaunch teaches you how to activate and generate pin for state bank of india ATM debit card online in 2019. SBI is one of the well-established and most popular bank in india provides a variety of services to its customers such as transfer money online, request for an e-statement, apply for a new checkbook, request for new ATM debit card, generate PIN for a new or existing card through internet banking portal.
Recently state bank of india introduce a green PIN facility to easily generate a new debit card pin or you can also change the existing pin online. The green pin replaced to replace the traditional pin generation methods and this green personal identification number keeps your account secure from the unauthenticated transaction such as POS transaction, online transaction or withdrawals from ATM machine.
So if you are state bank of customer and want to generate pin for your new debit car then now you can easily activate and generate pin through SBI net banking portal and the best part is you don’t need to visit the nearest ATM machine or branch. Instead of online net banking method, you can also generate pin through other methods are given below.
Ways to Generate SBI ATM PIN
- SBI Net Banking
- Visiting nearest SBI ATM
- Sending SMS from mobile
- Call SBI customer care
Related Article: How to Check NSDL/UTI PAN Card Application Status Online
Method 1: Generate PIN through SBI Net Banking
If you want to generate pin through SBI net banking then make sure mobile number is registered with your state bank of india account. Also, you have your net banking account credential such as username and password to login to your account.
Before you generate pin for your card first you need to activate it if you are using online net banking method. You can follow the below steps to activate state bank of india debit card online.
- First, visit the www.onlinesbi.com from any web browser on your smartphone or computer.
- Login to your account with the help of username and password.
- After you login successfully to your net banking account, you will be redirected to the dashboard and tap on the e-Services option from the menus.
- Inside e-Service you can find so many options, simply tap on the ATM card services.
- Here you can find options such as block atm card, atm card limit / channel / usage change, atm pin generation, net atm card activation, and request atm debit card.
- Tap on the new atm card activation option and select the card and tap on the activate button.
- Now go back and tap on the ATM pin generation option. It will ask you to validate your request through “Using One Time Password (OTP)” and “Using Profile Password”.
- If you know you profile password then authenticate by entering your profile password. Otherwise, select the one-time password method.
- SBI will send your six-digit OTP to your registered mobile number and simply enter it in given box.
- After the authentication process completes, select the card you want to generate the PIN.
- Here you need to enter the first two digits for your card and the last two digits will be sent to your registered mobile number.
Method 2: Generate PIN by Visiting ATM Machine
- First, visit the nearest state bank of india ATM machine to activate and generate pin for your new card.
- Insert your card to machine and select the PIN generation option from the screen.
- It will ask you enter your 11 digit state bank of india account number. Simply type it and tap on the confirm button.
- Now enter your mobile number which is registered with the SBI and you will see a message like you are part of the green initiative. Tap on the confirm button.
- On successful pin generation, you will see a message like your pin generation is successful.
- With 2-5 minutes you will receive a message from the bank with one time pin which is nothing but the Green PIN and its only valid for the next 2 days.
- Again insert your card and select the banking services option.
- Tap on the PIN change option and enter a new four digit pin. Tap on the confirm button. That’s it your pin has been changed successfully.
Conclusion: In this guide, we’ve shown you a complete guide on how to activate & generate sbi atm card pin online. If you have any questions regarding this article then feel free to leave a comment below.