Our computer storage allocation was low and we are all known how it feels when your computer storage runs alarmingly low. None of us are truly fond of parting with our best moments, important documents, videos, and other software files because they form the core of our lives, but we needed to even sacrifice our precious pictures, documents, and files earlier to store something new and urgent. Though some of us still managed to get an external hard disk drive to store our important files, that was not a feasible option for all of us.
With the emergence of OneDrive, all of these problems simply took a backseat without a second’s delay. Microsoft introduced OneDrive, as a cloud storage platform free for the holders of the Microsoft account. The platform also has its respective premium packages built to satiate the growing demands of the customers.
OneDrive has truly grown to be an exceptional cloud storage platform for all of the modern users, which they can use to store their precious files and software easily online. It is easier and more convenient than ever and any other storage device. Besides, the files and folders or software stored in your OneDrive can also be available anytime you wish to access them online. Furthermore, you can also share them with ease without bothering yourself much.
However, even OneDrive storage can be full. Yes, it will happen anyway. Then, you might stumble upon one such situation when you would want to delete the OneDrive files because that is the only foolproof manual option that you can try to get rid of the storage-related problems.
It is great that you want to delete the OneDrive files and you can do that easily, without any worries but at the same time, you would also want to make them stay on your PC.
If you are wondering whether you can do that, then the answer is yes, you can surely do that!
Then, follow this article, which will guide you to delete the OneDrive files effortlessly without deleting them from your PC.
Let’s first start with the kind of files that are available on OneDrive.
How to Delete OneDrive Files without Deleting From PC
In case you want to keep the files on your PC and at the same time you would need to delete the files from your OneDrive account, then what you need to do is to move them out of the OneDrive folder before you go ahead and delete it.
- First, you need to open File Explorer.
- Next, you need to click on the OneDrive that you will find towards the left-hand column.
- Now, you need to navigate to the file or folder in question.
- Here, you need to left-click on the file/folder to highlight the same.
- After that, you would need to press CTRL and C together to make a copy.
- Then, you need to navigate to the place where you want to save the local copy. Here you always need to remember that you make sure that you are not looking at the OneDrive file hierarchy in the left-hand panel any longer.
- After that, you again need to press CTRL + V to paste the file into its new home.
- Then, you need to go back to OneDrive in the left-hand panel of File Explorer and finally, delete the original file.
Now, in case you are using a Mac instead of the regular Windows PC or laptop that most of us are using, then it might sound like trouble, right?
However, when we are here you need not worry anymore because we have also got a couple of handy solutions for your Mac.