The UAE is one of the richest, if not the richest country in the entire Middle East, and a world of people visit it annually. Besides, with an abundance of the best hotels, restaurants, deserts, and tons of unique experiences like scuba diving, jet-skiing, snow skiing, hot air balloon ride, the place is a hotspot for luxury vacations.
The country is quite welcoming to people from all countries around the world. However, UAE is one such country that is truly notorious for its strict rules and regulations.
The diversity in the ex-pat population certainly provides a huge advantage to the various sectors of the country in terms of economic growth, but at the same time, it also acts as a potential risk to the non-citizens who try to flee the country to escape any troublesome or legal situation.
To avoid this, the government of the UAE imposes travel bans upon UAE residents under various circumstances as a security and preventive measure, the government.
Therefore, if any tough situation arises within the country, the government of UAE can hold the persons or the groups associated with the same.
However, if you are planning to travel to the UAE and researching on the web about the essentials of your upcoming trip to the UAE and searching for the answers to “What causes travel bans in the UAE?” and ‘How to check travel ban in UAE?’ then this is the right article that you have stumbled upon.
In this guide, you’ll learn how to check UAE visa ban status with password number along with answering some of the common questions that are frequently asked by others to travel to the country.
What is UAE Travel Ban?
The UAE immigration travel ban can be defined as a restriction imposed on crossing the country’s borders, regardless of whether you are trying to enter, re-enter or exit via any means of transport until the country lifts the ban or someone meets the required criteria and can pass smoothly.
In case you are willing to travel to any place, regardless of whether it is UAE, it is always wise to check for the status of bans in order to avoid any unforeseen or unpleasant situation at the airport’s immigration desk.
There is a list of reasons which a travel ban may be imposed.
Some of the most common ones are:
- Due to an ongoing criminal investigation
- If the immigration laws are violated
- When the financial debts are unpaid
- In case of disputes in rent
- For any employment that is not backed with a valid work permit
- If the visa is overstayed
- Lastly, on one such occasion when someone leaves the country without notifying his/her employer and cancels the work permit
How to Check UAE Ban Status with Passport Number
As we now know that there might be various reasons why a ban might have been imposed in the UAE. Therefore, you should not get shocked if you hear of a travel ban imposed in the UAE.
However, it is important then to check the status of the travel ban effortlessly so that you need not face any unprecedented circumstances.
There are four ways to check for the travel ban in UAE immigration:
- In case you are not aware of any travel bans existing in the UAE, then never rest assured before visiting a police station in Dubai. Yes, it is always good to know that there are no bans but it is better to verify the same with an in-person inquiry asking whether any criminal complaint has been filed against someone for financial cases.
- You can find out the UAE’s visa ban status via phone calls. For this, you will have to provide your passport number along with a couple of other details to the call center agent. If you are a resident of Dubai, then you can also contact the Amer service on the toll-free number 800-5111. Furthermore, if you need to call from overseas, you may call on +971-4-313-9999. Checking with the passport number is one of the most convenient and genuine ways to check UAE travel ban status.
- You can also hire a lawyer/attorney in order to conduct a thorough check on your behalf and know whether you are facing a possible travel ban. This is also the best option if you think that there is a likelihood of an arrest warrant being imposed on you. Besides, running a check with the help of an attorney is sometimes the only way to check a travel ban in the UAE if you are not in the country.
- If you are wondering for one, checking online can also be an instant method to find all the information on the travel ban in UAE. This can be done, without any hassles, by visiting the government website of the Dubai Police.