IRCTC Mobile Number Change: IRCTC, popularly known as Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Limited, manages and controls online railway ticket booking, tourism, and catering. Apart from professional catering services, it also provides services like hotel reservations, tour packages, and food delivery to your train seat.
When you create a new account on IRCTC, it will ask you to enter your mobile number. If you entered the wrong mobile number, you can’t receive e-ticket details and OTP on your original mobile number.
After the recent user interface update on the Indian Railway website, many existing users are facing issues while updating their account details.
However, it allows changing mobile numbers once a month from 10 AM to 7 PM. Other than this timing, you are not allowed to update it.
If you are new to IRCTC and want to change your mobile number in IRCTC, you will love this guide.
In fact, these are the same strategies you can follow to change mobile number in IRCTC without login.
Can You Change Mobile Number in IRCTC Without Login?
Unfortunately, you can’t change mobile number in IRCTC without login. You must need to log into the official IRCTC website to change or update your mobile number.
Also, if you are an International/NRI user and want to update the number with an ISD code other than 91, you have to pay a fee of Rs.100 + GST after successful updation.
How to Change Mobile Number in IRCTC (IRCTC Mobile Number Change)
- Visit the IRCTC website and log in to your IRCTC account.
- Tap on the My Account at the top right corner of the screen and tap on Profile > Update.
- Next, click on the Edit Pencil icon next to the mobile number.
- Change Mobile Number? Tap on Yes.
- Type a new number and verify it using OTP send to your new number.
- After completing the verification process, you will receive a message like your number has been verified.
Also, remember that mobile numbers can be linked with only a single account at a time. If it is already linked with other accounts then first you need to remove them.
How to Change Mobile Number in IRCTC Ticket
- Log in to your IRCTC account and go to the Booked ticket history page.
- Here you can see the list of tickets booked in your ID.
- Select the ticket for which you want to change the number.
- Tap on the Get SMS option and enter the phone number to which you need the SMS.