The IRCTC is popularly known as Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Limited that manages and controls online railway ticket booking, tourism, and catering. Apart from professionalizing catering services, it also provides services like hotel reservations, tour packages, and food delivery to your train seat.
When you create a new account on IRCTC, it will ask you to enter the mobile number. If you entered the wrong mobile number, you can’t receive e-ticket details and OTP on your original mobile number.
After the recent user interface update on the Indian Railway website, many existing users are facing issues while updating their account details.
However, it allows changing mobile numbers once a month from 10 AM to 7 PM. Other than this timing, you are not allowed to update the profile details.
If you are new to IRCTC and want to change your mobile number in IRCTC, you will love this guide.
Sounds good? Let’s get started.
Note: If you are an International/NRI user and want to update the number with an ISD code other than 91, you have to pay a fee of Rs.100 + GST after successful updation.
How to Change Mobile Number in IRCTC
- Login to your IRCTC account.
- Go to My Account > Profile > Update.
- Tap on the Edit Pencil icon.
- Select the mobile number.
- Change Mobile Number? Tap on Yes.
- Next, type a new number.
- Verify it using OTP send to your new number.
- After the verification process complete, you will receive a message like your number has been verified.
Also, keep in mind mobile number can be linked with only a single account at a time. If it is already linked with other accounts then first you need to remove them.
How to Change Mobile Number in IRCTC Booked Ticket
- Log in to your IRCTC account.
- Go to the Booked ticket history page.
- Here you can see the list of tickets booked in your ID.
- Select the ticket for which you want to change the number.
- Tap on the Get SMS option and enter the phone number to which you need the SMS.
I hope guys now you can easily change phone number in the IRCTC app or website after reading this article. If you have any question then feel free to comment below.