The so-called swipe-up link stickers are widely used by brands and influencers to easily reach their audiences and attract more followers to their accounts. Earlier, the feature of adding a link to an Instagram story was solely available for brands and user accounts with over 10K followers and verified users.
Luckily, since October 2021 Instagram has finally expanded the ability to add links in stories to all accounts, regardless of how many subscribers you have – by using sticker links. Instagram story links are a powerful tool for getting more out of your stories: they allow you to drive high-quality links to a certain source you share with your audience and enhance the direct traffic to a product page or website, thus significantly improving the marketing and commercial effort.
In this article, we’ll share the easiest hacks to add links to your story on Instagram, as well as share the best practices for implementing this new-found feature into your Instagram content.
You’ve probably seen this sort of link while reviewing Instagram ads: they allow you to follow the link with a single movement – by swiping up the button. Usually, these are used by business accounts that want to develop a strong social presence online, promote the products or services, increase their brand awareness, and many more. So, let’s now review how to drive more traffic with swipe-ups on Instagram!
Important: To enable swipe-up links, you need to ensure you’re having more than 10,000 followers on the target account.
- When the story is ready to upload, click the icon at the top right that looks like a chain
- Tap “+ URL” to add a link to a web page.
- Paste the URL you want to share into the text box and hit “Done” in the top right.
- Add some bold CTAs to your story so users know they have the option to swipe up.
- Once the story is ready to go live, click the “+Story” button at the bottom right.
Now, wait for the followers to browse your story and follow the link shared!
You’ll hardly find a person that hasn’t used stickers at least once on their Instagram account.
Catching, personalized stickers can significantly boost audience engagement and sales, as well as drive plenty of high-quality traffic through links. The link sticker is extremely visible, so can be added anywhere on a story. For better transparency, it also shows viewers the first part of the destination link (i.e. the domain).
So, how to easily add a sticker link to Instagram stories?
- Once you’ve selected the story picture, head to the Stories sticker tray and select the link sticker.
- Then, in the “Add link” window, paste the URL into the link field and hit “Done”.
- To change the link button design, tap on the sticker (3 styles available: blue gradient, yellow gradient, and translucent white).
And, we’re done! Don’t forget to add some more stickers or arrows if needed, and add some text to create a powerful CTA to your story.
Though this feature has been on Instagram for a while, not everyone knows that you can also add the link of your IGTV video to stories! Here’s how you can do this:
- After the video is live and shows up in your feed, tap on the paper airplane icon underneath.
- Select the “Add video to your Story” option.
- Then, tap on the link icon at the top of the display, choose the “+IGTV Video” option, and hit “Done”
- Traditionally, add a powerful CTA to drive more interest toward the content created for your audience
That’s it! Now Instagram users can tap on the link of your story to review the full content of your IGTV video!
There are many lucrative hacks that can help you to upgrade stories on Instagram, making them stand out from tons of other content shared there. Below we’ve covered the most useful hacks that will help you enhance the quality of Insta stories regardless of the account you run.
- Make all your stories valuable by presenting some sort of leadership. This will help you to build engagement and convince users to tap the link sticker or swipe to open the link shared.
- Prepare promotion videos with the links to your video resources. As of 2022, an average person watches 100 minutes daily to watch online videos. So, creating an appealing, engaging video related to the products, services, or sources you promote is simply a must. Already made one but need to adjust the format to Instagram requirements? Get that done with reliable video software like Movavi Movie Converter!
- Create a backstory before sharing the story with a link to make your audience curious about the content shared and see what it offers.
- Use poll stickers or questions to connect with your audience, discover their preferences, and share the most relevant link for them. For example, you can make a questionnaire about the first beauty product they use after wakeup, and share the face cleanser product link in the next story.
- Always add a CTA to your stories with links: a verbal call-out, some on-screen text, an animated GIF, or all of the above. This can help your audience to understand the message better, thus significantly improving the CTR of your story link.
As you can see, adding links to your Instagram stories is extremely easy, and can be done in just a minute of your time. However, with over 500 million people using Instagram stories on a daily basis, it’s essential to not simply add the link sticker or button. You should also use catching CTAs, backstories, videos, question fields, and many other interactive tricks to encourage them to tap on your link.
Have you got any ideas on how to create an effective story for your followers? Then, let’s start the practice!