Hey, do you know that now you can download e-aadhar card online? The Unique Identification Authority of India has recently launched a new platform called “self-service portal” that allows aadhar card holders to download e-aadhar card online.
E-aadhar is a digital copy of your original aadhar card that you can to use avail various government schemes and the facility officially provided by the government of India.
Also keep in mind that your e-aadhar card contains all necessary information as your original one such as photograph, full name, date of birth, signature, address, gender and of course 12 digit unique aadhar number.
Download Aadhar Card by Aadhaar Number
- Log on to the official website of UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) from any browser.
- Find the “Get Aadhaar” section and tap on the Download Aadhaar option as shown in the below image.
- Here you can see there are three options to get an electronic copy of your aadhaar. In case if you don’t have aadhaar then you must need Enrolment ID or Virtual ID to proceed further.
- Enter all required details such as Aadhaar Number/Enrolment ID/Virtual ID and captcha code.
- Tap on the “Send OTP” button and within a few seconds, you will receive a message from UIDAI containing OTP. (If you want to download aadhar card without mobile number then scroll down to the second method).
- Enter the OTP in the field provided. If you already have a TOTP then you can also enter the same.
- That’s it your aadhar card will be automatically saved on your device.
The file will be password protected, To open the e-aadhar card you need to enter a password. Your password will be the first four letters of your name along with the birth date (Type all characters in capital letter).
E-aadhar Card Download without Mobile Number
In case if your mobile number is not registered with the aadhar card then you can’t get e-aadhar card online. You must need to register your mobile number to aadhar card to avail this facility.
Don’t worry you can still get the digital copy of aadhar card by visiting the aadhar enrolment centre. Here’s how you can:
- First, visit the nearest aadhar card enrolment entre with your enrolment number or aadhar number.
- Here you need to complete the biometric verification such as retina scan and thumb verification.
- That’s it, within 5 minutes you will get print of your aadhar card and it will charge between Rs.50 to Rs.100.
Aadhaar is a 12-digit unique identification number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India to the residents of India.
You can easily download aadhaar card using aadhar number, enrollment number or virtual id from UIDAI website.
E-aadhaar card password will be a combination of the first four letters of your name along with the birth date.
To see your aadhar card details online you need to visit the official website of UIDAI.
To get your digital copy of aadhar without mobile number you need to visit the nearest enrollment centre.