Aadhaar or Unique Identification Number (UID) is a 12 digit random number issued by the UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India) is an agency of the Government of India. Aadhaar card serves as proof of address and proof of identity all over the country.
In order to apply for aadhaar card, you must need to visit the nearest aadhar card enrolment center to complete the different process and data validation. Before visiting the enrolment center collects all required documentation and make sure all details in proofs are correct.
If you are not indian resident then you are not eligible to apply for aadhar card. Also, overseas citizens of india are not eligible for the same.
You simply need to follow below step by step process to apply aadhar card for free.
- Go to the official website of UIDAI to find the nearest aadhar card enrollment center.
- Tap on the Locate an enrollment center option inside the get aadhaar section and you can search for an enrolment center by entering information such as postal code, search box, and state.
- After entering the required details you will see the list of center near close to your home.
- Once you find the nearest enrolment center, visit the same along with proof of identity (Passport, Pan Card, Driving Licence) and proof of address (Passport, Pan Card, Electricity / Water / Gas Bill).
- In case if you don’t have valid proof then you can also carry your family member document containing your details.
- Now fill the enrolment form as per the instruction providing the required information such as full name, date of birth, address, gender, and mobile number.
- Once you fill all required details in the aadhar application form, submit it along with the supporting document containing a proof of identity and proof of address.
- The executive also takes your biometric information such as fingerprint and scan of your irises.
- Your all entered details will be verified by the executive and you will receive acknowledgment slip containing enrolment id.
That’s it you successfully submitted the aadhar application form and it takes up to 2-3 months to get an original copy of aadhar card to your home, office or registered address and it will be sent via speed post.
In case if you need aadhar card in urgent then you can also download eaadhar card online. You can also check aadhar card status by visiting the official website of UIDAI and the process to check the status of your aadhar card is very easy and simple.
Final Words: I hope guys now you can easily apply for aadhaar card by visiting nearest enrolment center after reading this guide. If you like this article then don’t forget to share with your friends.